Sterling's Equity Opportunities team, formerly Choice Asset Management, is based in Virginia (offices in Richmond & Virginia Beach) and utilizes a bottom up fundamental process while remaining cognizant of macroeconomic trends. The goal of the Equity Opportunities team is to build concentrated portfolios marked by diversification and below-market risk characteristics.
In managing the portfolios, we place a strong emphasis on identifying companies with:
- Strong Profitability
- Attractive Valuation
- Below Average Debt
- Above Average Return on Equity
- Skilled Management
- Employ both quantitative and qualitative analysis in identifying investment opportunities.
- Focus on companies with quality business models, strong balance sheets, and good management.
- Valuation analysis of each security is conducted relative to its: historical range, peers, growth rate and the market.
- Fundamental analysis is focused on confirming:
- Attractive growth rate in projected earnings per share.
- Solid return on equity ensuring sustainable business model.
- Balance sheet strength providing high degree of financial flexibility.
- Strong management track record in capital allocation and creating shareholder value.
- Long-term investment horizon allows portfolios to take advantage of transitory weakness which creates potential buying opportunities.
- Special Opportunities
- Equity Income
- SMID Opportunities